Whether its due to modern-day reality shows like Beverly Hills Nannies, old school movies like Mary Poppins, or the perception the media shares with the public, when it comes to nannies, theres definitely a mix of both fact and fiction. Here are cheap football kits 10 of the most popular myths people believe about nannies.
1. Nannies are only for the wealthy; While nannies may out-earn daycare workers, for dual-income families, parents who demand extended and flexible coverage, and families with more than one child, nanny care may actually be a cost-effective childcare option. With a nanny youre the boss, you pay per family rather than per slot, you make the hours, and you dont have to pay by the minute if youre running a few minutes late.
2. Kids cared for by nannies aren't socialized; Professional and career nannies assume the responsibility of providing rich social opportunities to the children in their care. In fact, nannies have more freedom to socialize children than daycare teachers. In addition to cheap football shirts national networks of nanny groups that connect nannies and facilitate playdates, nannies take their charges to mummy and me type classes, story hour at the local library, and on other age-appropriate outings to mix, mingle, and form friendships with other kids.
3. People are nannies because they cant do anything else; Most career nannies will tell you that they cant imagine doing anything else. While nannies have diverse backgrounds as educators, psychologists, nurses, chemists, mums, and more, theres one thing professional, career nannies have in common: they do the work because they love it, not because they cant find work doing something else.
4. Nannies have to be certified, like teachers; While many private colleges, career schools, and even online learning centers offer certifications for nannies, there are no across the board certifications or license for nannies. Nannies dont have to be licensed cheap football tops or certified to accept work.
5. Nannies only live with the families; While years ago most nannies may have lived with their work families, thats no longer the case. Most nannies live in their own homes and commute to their employers home each day.
6. Nannies are independent contractors; Even those in government cant seem to always get this one right. Nannies are not independent contractors. They are the employees of the families for whom they work. As such, both nannies and employers have legal and tax obligations. While there are some exceptions, such as if a nanny earns less than $1800 in a calendar year, 99.9% of nannies are employees.
7. Anyone can be a nanny; While anyone may think they can be a nanny, it takes a special skill set and personality to be an in-home childcare provider. Nannies must have a general knowledge of children and childcare principles, have a genuine love for Cheap AC Milan football shirts children, and be able to work without close supervision. Nannies must also be reliable, dependable, and trustworthy.
8. Nannies are just babysitters; Hearing this myth stops a career nanny dead in her tracks because it couldn't be further from the truth. Babysitters provide supervisory care and are responsible for keeping the children safe while their parents are away. Nannies provide coordinated care and are hired to partner with the parents in raising their children. As such, they are concerned with the childrens social, emotional, and physical growth and development.
9. Nannies cook and clean for the families; Nannies are generally responsible for undertaking all tasks related to the care of the children. While this typically includes doing the childrens laundry, picking up after themselves and the children, and keeping Cheap England football shirts the childrens areas neat and clean, unless specified and agreed upon, nannies dont prepare meals for the parents, do the parents laundry, or clean the familys home.
10. While each family and nanny relationship is different and is tailored to the familys individual needs and preferences, there are definite standards that separate fact from fiction. While a nanny may work in the familys private home and outsiders may view her as being there 24/7 with no life of her own, the reality is most nannies are childcare specialists with active private lives of their own.